18-11-2007

Saint Nicolas and Christmas



The Christmasfeeling has started late this year for me. For several years my sister and I made christmas ornaments and dolls and then before Christmas we joined a Christmasfair somewhere to sell our stuff. It was.nt always easy, for we live not so close to each other. Internet connected us. What are you making now? And then hup a photo with MSN. This year we didn.t create together att all. I really miss it. The first Christmasvisits has planned now and now I can look through all (many) cookingbooks. I love that. Sitting on the couch with all my books, hot chocolate and a little cream on top. I love it when people come over to my house. I.m so blessed with a lovely partner. He enjoyes Christmas also. But at first there is Saint Nicolaas at the fifth of december this nice, very old, men has his birthday. In Holland the children receive then present instead of given them to him ( like Christmas). Together with his helpers he rides on his white horse with black spots and brings the present in the night. I love this time when children are small. Yeasterday he came through our street. We live near the harbour and he comes by boat from spain. A steamboat. As soon as he has arrived in Holland the children can put one of their shoes at the chimney. With an apple for the horse and a drawing and wishlist for the Saint Nicolaas. I love this time of winter, especially now when I have my granddaughter who still really believes in Saint Nicolaas.

Geen opmerkingen: