24-01-2009

Kate Church puppetry





Lovely work inspired by Cirque du Soleil



An artist of delicacy and detail Kate's work mirrors the varied experiences of life in her offbeat quirky method of recognition. Details embroidered with movement and grace, her figures speak of curiosity, delight, tenderness and humor... expressions of some of the exquisitely charming characteristics of life. The pieces she builds somehow defy conventional interpretation. They are not dolls, nor are they formal sculptures. Kate refers to her work as "sculptural puppetry", combining the line and form of sculpture with the playful anima of puppetry.

4 opmerkingen:

Bill Lisleman zei

I suspect you understand english most of people I met in Amsterdam did

The little puppets reminded me of favorite blog
Bent Objects

Anoniem zei

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anoniem zei

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anoniem zei

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing